Monday, July 14, 2014

It Has to Start Somewhere...

I love and also hate DIY shows for one specific reason- in an hour or less, something- maybe a kitchen, a whole house, or a backyard, is totally transformed.  Start with an ugly 1970's bathroom, half an hour later you have a bright, shiny, totally different room.  Ok, so the actual work doesn't really take 30 minutes, most of those shows take a whole weekend to film, right? 

Unfortunately, reality doesn't move quite that fast.  Bathroom makeovers do not usually take a weekend; believe me I've tried.  For those of us in the real world, with real jobs, and real chores, things take time.  

So, while I haven't finished anything that I can show you, we have gotten started on a few things this week that will eventually be great posts.  I am excited to get started on these project, and can't wait to be able to show some "after" pictures!


1. Our new deck!
We have had our eye on replacing our deck since we moved in almost 3 years ago, and it's finally happening!  This is what we started with:



Upper deck with no stairs, and boring bottom deck, both of which are worn out.  And, so here is the progress:



Yep, no deck!  At this stage, it's pretty much an improvement only for Lucy Dog, who now has an unobstructed view over her kingdom, so now not a single rabbit goes undetected.  Yay.



I think it will be a while before this one is finished, but we have finally started!  


2. Kitchen Renovation at a family member's house
This one is exciting.  Some family members are renovating their kitchen, which is long overdue for some updating.  They have asked for my help with the design, so we have been planning for the last couple months.  They sent me this picture last weekend:



No turning back now!  This is another one that is going to take some time, but progress is being made!


3. Picnic Table Refinish
Another family member and friend asked me to bring some life back to her picnic table, so I also have this baby waiting for me:




Hopefully the finished product will be posted soon!

So, this post may be less than inspirational, but it is reality.  Now, back to work... :)

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment